Councillor Resignation and Vacancy
Cllr Mrs Prys-Jones has resigned from her position as a Councillor for the Edlesborough Ward. Marilyn has served on the Council for more than 12 years. The Council thanks her for her hard work and dedication to the role.
This now creates a vacancy for a new Councillor to represent Edlesborough. Any person wishing to know more about the role should contact the Clerk (details below).
Following the two Parish meetings on the 23rd and 25th October 2014 at which the latest plans for the new Pavilion were presented, EPC will now be making an application to AVDC for planning approval. Discussions will now begin on formulating an appropriate lease. EPC will continue to keep parishioners updated on the progress of the new pavilion.
For more information please follow the Edlesborough Community Sports Club on Facebook.
DLP Planning contacted Edlesborough Parish Council shortly before the Parish Council Meeting on 16th October 2014 asking if they could make a short presentation about a possible development in Edlesborough on the land between Chiltern Avenue and Kingsmead.
- A brief information pack was forwarded to the Parish Council a few days before the meeting.
- At the meeting DLP Planning gave a short presentation on behalf of their client McCann Homes outlining the initial plans. The purpose of the presentation was to SHARE information, it was not a question and answer session.
- At the time of writing this report no planning applications have been submitted.
- McCann Homes have stated that they will be hosting a public meeting to engage with Parishioners before submitting a planning application.
Gadsden Walk, Dagnall
In 2003 Edlesborough Parish Council leased a strip of land in Dagnall with the intention of creating a footpath between the recreation ground and Dunstable Road. Due to many issues predominantly road safety, this footpath has never been opened. On Thursday 16th October at the EPC Meeting Councillors, some of whom have been in the Council for most of the years this project has been live, considered the events during the project, the notes from the public meeting and the votes of the Parishioners in Dagnall and concluded that there was no solid case for proceeding.
It was therefore unanimously agreed not to continue with the project and to return the lease and land to Aylesbury Vale Housing Trust.
Summary of the Voting Slips:
- Number of names on the Electoral Register (eligible to vote) - 425
- Number of forms returned - 71
- Number IN favour of opening the path - 36
- Number NOT in favour of opening the path - 74
- Number with no strong opinion – 17
New LED Street Light in Main Road North, Dagnall
A new steel column and light was due to be installed in November between the roundabout and The Red Lion pub. The light is the LED type which is planned to be used in due course through out the parish. The light is fitted with a special lens to project as much light as possible along the pavement. The Council would welcome any feedback from residents.
We currently have allotments available at our Cow Lane, The Green and Northall sites. If you would like to take on an allotment please contact the Parish Clerk for more information.
Edlesborough Parish Council Meeting
This next meeting will be held at Edlesborough Memorial Hall on Thursday 18th December 2014, commencing at 7:30pm. Minutes of previous meetings can be found on the website www.edlesborough-pc.gov.uk
Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council: Penny Pataky, 01525 229 358
or email: [email protected]
Please note office hours are Monday-Friday 10.30am-2.30pm. Messages may be left on an answer phone outside of these hours.
Focus - December 2014 / January 2015 was published on December 4, 2014